On July 10th during Seedstars Sofia, TICKEY won the Bulgarian round of Seedstars World and will represent Bulgaria at the Seedstars World competition and compete to win up to 500’000 USD in equity.
SOFIA, BULGARIA, July 10th, 2015 – Seedstars World, the global seed-stage startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes brought its Bulgarian round to a successful close during Seedstars Sofia which was hosted in VIVACOM ArtHall. 12 startups were invited to compete and the regional winner, TICKEY, mobile ticketing solution for public transport, that uses proximity sensors and mobile payments, was selected the best startup in Bulgaria. TICKEY will be going to Switzerland in March 2016 for the final pitching round, potentially winning the 500’000 USD equity prize.
The regional winner, TICKEY, was named Bulgaria’s best startup for its revolutionary solution. Dimiter Dimitrov, Founder and CEO of TICKEY, talked to us about winning the title and what it means to him and his company:
“It was great experience and we would like to use the opportunity that Seedstars World give to us to reach more potential partners and customers across the world and to compete with startups from more than 50 countries. See you in Switzerland!”
Here is what one of our prestigious jury members Chris Georgiev (Co-Founder of Startup Foundation Bulgaria) said about TICKEY:
“What I love about TICKEY is that it compliments the current ticketing solutions in various cities and at the same time makes it extremely easy for the users to use their phones to buy a ticket with just a swipe. It’s quick, user and environment friendly, it just works”.
Single ID with its vendor-agnostic mobile solution to solve any user on-boarding and log-in task online or offline with a single click came second and Dronamics, a startup, that makes same-day international delivery possible with cargo drones, grabbed the last spot in the top 3. The other startups invited to pitch were
– Adormo (Easy vacation rentals listing management);
– Appzio (Mobile building platform, that makes it easy to turn your content into engaging apps);
– Budo Finder (Marketplace for Japanese martial arts. They connect practitioners with clubs, events and equipment suppliers);
– Cocofarm (Project, that empowers farmers feed the planet through smart and easy technologies);
– GamingBattleGround (Platform, where amateur video gamers can create online video game tournaments or join them and earn money by doing that);
– Lexicum (Helping language learners remember every single word they come across);
– Micar21 (Personalized genetic screen analysis by novel advanced approaches);
– Razor Focus (The first Human driven automated focusing system available on the market);
– Tool.Domains (Database of 556+ million domain names with infinite possibilities for domain, website content, SEO, Social and investigative research).
Seedstars Sofia also featured speaker Victor Alexiev, a serial entrepreneur, who inspired the attendees with a simple but strong concept: “Letting go is not failing”. Thanks to local supporters, like Start it Smart, Eleven Accelerator Venture Fund, LAUNCHub, Silicon Drinkabout, Startup Foundation Bulgaria, CCC Startups, VIVACOM ArtHall and others the event went smoothly and really represented the best startups from Bulgaria.
Continuing on its world tour of startup scenes in emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes, Seedstars World’s next stop is Johannesburg’s Standard Bank Incubator, to select the best startup in South Africa. Seedstars World is looking for smart startups that solve regional issues and/or develop profitable products for the global market.
About Seedstars World
Seedstars World is the most exclusive startup competition for emerging markets and fast-growing startup scenes. It is one of the fastest-growing networks for tech entrepreneurs in the world. Based in Geneva, Switzerland and founded by Alisee de Tonnac and Pierre-Alain Masson, it is supported by the venture builder Seedstars.